Refen Retard is indicated for the treatment of the pain of osteoarthritis of the knee(s). The information provided in Dosage (Posology) and method of administrationof Refen Retard is based on data of another medicine with exactly the same composition as the Refen Retard. Be careful and be sure to specify the information on the section Dosage (Posology) and method of administration in the instructions to the drug Refen Retard directly from the package or from the pharmacist at the pharmacy.more…
General Dosing Instructions
Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals.
For relief of the pain of osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee(s), the recommended dose is 40 mg of diclofenac sodium (2 pump actuations) on each painful knee, 2 times a day.
Apply Refen Retard to clean, dry skin.
The pump must be primed before first use. Instruct patients to fully depress the pump mechanism (actuation) 4 times while holding the bottle in an upright position. This portion should be discarded to ensure proper priming of the pump. No further priming of the bottle should be required.
After the priming procedure, Refen Retard is properly dispensed by completely depressing the pump 2 times to achieve the prescribed dosage for one knee. Deliver the product directly into the palm of the hand and then apply evenly around front, back, and sides of the knee.
Application of Refen Retard in an amount exceeding or less than the recommended dose has not been studied and is therefore not recommended.
- Avoid showering/bathing for at least 30 minutes after the application of Refen Retard to the treated knee.
- Wash and dry hands after use.
- Do not apply Refen Retard to open wounds.
- Avoid contact of Refen Retard with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not apply external heat and/or occlusive dressings to treated knees.
- Avoid wearing clothing over the Refen Retard-treated knee(s) until the treated knee is dry.
- Protect the treated knee(s) from natural and artificial sunlight.
- Wait until the treated area is dry before applying sunscreen, insect repellant, lotion, moisturizer, cosmetics, or other topical medication to the same knee you have just treated with Refen Retard.
- Until the treated knee(s) is completely dry, avoid skin-to-skin contact between other people and the treated knee(s).
- Do not use combination therapy with Refen Retard and an oral NSAID unless the benefit outweighs the risk and conduct periodic laboratory evaluations.
The information provided in Contraindicationsof Refen Retard is based on data of another medicine with exactly the same composition as the Refen Retard. Be careful and be sure to specify the information on the section Contraindications in the instructions to the drug Refen Retard directly from the package or from the pharmacist at the pharmacy.more…
Refen Retard is contraindicated in the following patients:
- Known hypersensitivity (e.g., anaphylactic reactions and serious skin reactions) to diclofenac or any components of the drug product
- History of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs. Severe, sometimes fatal, anaphylactic reactions to NSAIDs have been reported in such patients
- In the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery
Thanks to this drug, the disease will pass, but a little more time will pass and you can look for a new job, because good vacancies are already waiting for you here https://jobstellar.com